Hope Tree is The Vine’s Adoption and Foster care ministry. Its mission is to create a church culture of awareness, service, and support for families of adoption and foster care. Our church has about 20 families who have adopted or provided foster care services, and we want to be a congregation that is known in our community for supporting children with a background in trauma.
Besides supporting the Vijiji Children’s Home of Light in Kenya, our Hope Tree Ministry at The Vine has several key components. Our aim is to support families of adoption and foster care, provide resources through scholarships and training, and directly support those that are without a forever family.
Hope Tree focuses on 4 key areas:
- Awareness- we are called to minister to the fatherless. Our aim is to improve the overall awareness and support those families who are called to “Grow God’s family through fostering and adoption”.
- Support- Parenting is not for wimps and we realize that we all need a listening ear, coaching and support. Hope Tree is a ministry designed to help parents love and raise children from hard places.
- Financial support- Hope Tree aims to offer tangible support to parents via financial grants.
- Training – via mentors and training programs, we aim to better equip parents
Hope Tree Ministry
- Parental Support
- Empowered to Connect Training
- Community Support (Hope Tree Mom’s)
- Mentoring – help from seasoned adoptive/foster parents
- Financial Support
- Adoption and Fostering Scholarships
- Take a Swing for Adoption Golf Tournament
- Fostering Care Support
- Foster Family Support
- Foster training – aligned with Promise 686
- Respite Care
In the United States, if just 1 family in every 3 churches were willing to adopt a child, every orphan in our nation would have a family. Think about that. One out of every three churches and the problem is solved in our country.
What’s amazing is that our church has more than a dozen families who have already adopted and there are additional families who would like to adopt but the financial commitments can be challenging; the average cost of adoption in the US is more than $30,000. You can help by either playing in our golf tournament (and recruiting friends), or by sponsoring the tournament through donations.
For more information about our Hope Tree Ministry or adoption and fostering, please email Mike and Sherrie Coffey at email@example.com. In addition, you can connect with other adoptive and foster Moms at Hope Tree Mom’s on Facebook.
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27
But you, God, see the trouble of the afflicted;
you consider their grief and take it in hand.
The victims commit themselves to you;
you are the helper of the fatherless. Psalm 10:14